After the summons sent by Father General, since last June 1 we live in Chapter period. Chapters are always an opportunity to grow in our vocational experience, belonging to the Order and Piarist availability.
In October the first of the Chapters will begin, in a time that will be extended until May 2019. Throughout these months, the demarcations will analyze their own reality and will propose lines of progress from the perspective of the nine “Keys of Life” of the Pious Schools approved for the whole Order by the 47thGeneral Chapter. These keys are:
VOCATIONAL AND FORMATIVE CULTURE
- Vocational Culture. “To consolidate and to live an authentic Vocational and Formative Culture”.
- Initial Formation. “To guarantee the growth in quality and communion in our Initial Formation”.
- Community Life. “Revitalize the Piarist Community Life as a community following of the Lord, taking care of the mediations and options that make it possible.”
- Permanent Formation. “To make the Order progress towards an experience of Permanent Formation as an integral process of vocational growth in all stages of our lives.”
- “To deepen in Calasanz and his charism as a central reference of all the processes of the Order.”
- “To carry forward our ministry in a growing Piarist identity, educational and pastoral quality, shared mission and preferential attention to the poor.”
PARTICIPATION IN THE PIOUS SCHOOLS
- “Advancing on the path undertaken, deepening the sharing of our mission and our charisma from different vocations and in growing communion.”
ECONOMIC MANAGEMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
- “To carry forward the management of our goods from a growing co-responsibility, guaranteeing the integral sustainability of the Pious Schools”.
RESTRUCTURING, CONSOLIDATION AND EXPANSION OF THE PIOUS SCHOOLS
- “To find the best structures for the growth of our life and mission, and to continue the process of consolidation and expansion of the Pious Schools in the places where we are and in the new ones to which we feel called and sent.”
Let us put our Chapters now in the hands of God, so that we may celebrate them in openness to the inspirations of the Spirit, in fidelity to Calasanz and always looking at our Mission.