In the Temple of Christ the King of Celaya, Guanajuato, on July 14, the Pious Schools of Mexico lived with joy the religious consecration of five brothers. The Eucharistic celebration was presided over by Father General Pedro Aguado Cuesta and concelebrated by the Provincial Fathers Marco Antonio Véliz Cortés of Mexico and Fernando Negro of USA-PR, as well as several Piarists from the same provinces.
The brothers who made their simple vows are:
- Oscar Osbaldo Méndez Méndez de Cristo Rey and Santa María de Guadalupe
- Isaías Carreño Martínez de la Santísima Trinidad
- Angel Adrian Ramirez Navarrete de San Marcelino Champagnat
- Francisco Antonio Nicolas Gómez de Jesús Crucificado
- José Alberto Colón Medina de los Mártires and the Venerable Carlo Acutis
Likewise, five young people from the demarcation of Mexico began their novitiate:
- Edgar Pérez Ruíz
- Isaac Rabin Meza Mendoza
- Angel Eliezer Macés Gómez
- Alejandro Méndez Pérez
- José Antonio Arroyo Fosado
As the Order of the Pious Schools, we thank God for the life and dedication of these brothers of ours, and we place them under the protection of the Virgin Mary and our Holy Father, Joseph Calasanz. May their vocation in following Jesus be a gift from God for children and youth.
Carlos Arturo Guerra Chávez, Sch.P.