The first international meeting of non-formal education promoted by the Order of the Pious Schools in the beautiful city of Salamanca has already finished. Two reflections have marked the last day; the importance of working in networks and the search for economic resources to finance the projects.
After such intense days of work and coexistence, we share some tracks to advance in order to consolidate our non-formal education works.
- Much progress has been made in quantity and quality. Practically in all the demarcations there are significant works of non-formal character.
- The concern to reach the poorest is maintained.
- More connection is needed with our schools and parishes.
- Internal networks need to be strengthened to share the wealth we have.
- We should deepen in a pedagogy that adapts well to the aims of NFE. It can be a “pedagogy of Care”, “pedagogy of the Encounter”.
- To promote the specialized training of Piarists (religious and laity) in sociocultural animation.
- To delve into the relationship between FE, NFE and IE (Informal education) so that we make more comprehensive proposals from the Piarist presence model. Promote the “full-time school “.
- Continue to promote social volunteering with well-defined processes and an appropriate organizational and accompaniment structure.
This meeting has meant a great effort of all; especially for the team that has organized it. Surely it will help us to live with more authenticity and passion the Calasanctian mission.
A special thanks to the Piarist community of Salamanca that has become very present and to the entire educational community of Santiago 1; especially the boys and girls who have stolen our hearts and passed on to us with their lives that education opens doors to a better future.
P. Javier Alonso, Sch.P.