On September 9, 2017, the first stone of the Warsaw Piarist School was laid, heir to the glories of the first Piarist School in Poland founded in 1642 and the College of Nobles created by Fr. Konarski in 1740. On November 27, 2018, the building was blessed, although until this year 2019 the Basic General Education block (8 levels) has not come into operation, with three lines per level and 24 students per classroom, those authorized by law. The school is complete and cannot meet all enrollment demands. The Piarists have a well-deserved reputation in Poland, and the families value very positively the education they offer.
The new school is located next to the parish-sanctuary of Mary Educator of Youth, which the Piarists have been running for almost thirty years. There the first elementary school was established in 1992, in temporary premises, waiting to build a real school. This wish has already been fulfilled in part, because at the moment the covered sports center is still being built (and it will be completed during this course, if all goes well), and it is planned to build, when possible, another block for the high school.
The current building has all the most modern technical and pedagogical advances: classical and digital blackboard in each class, special classrooms (languages, computer science, laboratories, religion, music, plastic…), canteen, teachers’ room… The walls and even the stairs “speak”, with graphics and texts (much of them in English). The terrace is converted into an orchard-garden where students grow flowers and horticultural products. Being on the outskirts of the city, the school enjoys a peaceful natural environment, without the risk of buildings being built nearby.
When the whole is finished, it will undoubtedly be a reference school within the Order, which will connect the glorious educational tradition of the Polish Piarists with a future yet to be invented.
Fr. José P. Burgués Sch. P.