“Duc in altum,” this slogan goes far beyond a simple cry of recognition and resonant captivity. It is a permanent call for renewal, which opposes us settling in a kind of lethargy, capable of dampening our momentum of conversion, but of leading us to respond generously and confidently to the invitation of our Lord, “advance offshore“. This slogan also raises an awareness, to appropriate God’s pedagogy, that of “Restart always“. Not a sterile restart, but a restart based on our ability to discern our defects and project us to a promising adventure, the luminous path where our Lord wants to lead us. This Provincial Council, following those of the past, is always part of this spiritual process, that of constantly listening to the word of God and projecting ourselves on the pilgrim route, in the quest for the Lord’s will through our charism.
The Provincial Council of the Year 2021 was held in Rufisque in the community of Mount Tabor of the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary. He brought together the provincial congregation; Community superiors; training houses managers and life-cycle facilitators: the Quinquennium, the Mid-age and the Seniors Group. This meeting is above all a strong moment of communion, fraternal exchange and deep reflection, during which we have panned over some major salient themes that energize the life of our Province:
- A presentation of the Province’s SEIs (Social-Educative Institutions). This summary presentation showed the present reality of our SEIs, the challenges and projections to be able to effectively and efficiently achieve all our objectives.
- The economic dimension that provided an overall analysis of the economic situation in the Province. Economic sustainability is becoming a requirement in the Province.
- Vocational pastoral, which is undoubtedly the backbone of the province’s future. This component calls on all religious in the Province to appropriate this activity to meet the objectives of the training.
- The call to develop a culture of archiving the entire heritage of the Province. There is a lack of a visible archival culture in the history of our Province. The challenge has just been launched to learn how to keep our archival heritage in safe places.
- The protection of minors in our institutions is an imperative. To do this, the protocol on the protection of minors must be worked in our communities.
P. Bernard Manga Sch. P.
Superior of Bobigny